Mental health discussion with Captain Matt
Yeah it could be worse but... Mental health discussion with Captain Matt Hey guys Captain Matt here, today I just wanted to talk a little bit about I guess mental health. I found myself doing this being on crutches with my ankle issues that when anyone ever asks “hey what happened?” I'll say “oh I fractured and sprained my ankle, but it could be worse.” and I find you can really get caught up into this cycle, the spinning where you don't even allow yourself to go through the emotions because things could be worse, someone has it worse, or your friend tells you a story and you say it could be worse you know at least there's that, right? Well of course it could always be worse, no matter who tells you what, no matter what they're going through, there's always something that could be worse. So I think that's just something we should stop doing, that's something I want to try. I'm going to put some effort in to stop doing to myself and others because you need to give yourself time to process. It's okay to be angry, to be upset, to get pissed off that you can't do what you normally do. Whether you break a foot, you break a hand, you're in a cast, whatever, your car breaks down or whatever, allow yourself to go through the emotions. If you're getting caught into a deep depression, then sure, maybe someone needs to come along and help you realize that it could be so much worse. Just a little thought I had today is when you're going through something don't immediately tell yourself “oh, it could be worse”, have those emotions, process those emotions, otherwise it's going to linger longer because I find myself even getting upset at myself for being frustrated that I can't do what I normally do. Why do we do that to ourselves? I'm angry at myself for being frustrated that I can't do something, it's silly. So anyways, just want to drop that little thought I had today, and I'll talk to you guys later.
https://barefootlighting.com/?p=1041

Comments

Popular posts from this blog